What do we imagine when it comes to the technologies of the future? Powerful, compact devices, the Internet of Things, ubiquitous high-speed and affordable Internet, and more. However, is there some limit to the minimum size of computing devices? That's right, there is, and that's when cloud computing services enter the scene.
Cloud Computing Services Will Change The Market
In fact, it is not necessary to have a powerful device to perform complex operations, because today it is enough to have access to a fast Internet. Most likely, you have heard about cloud gaming before. Services like NVIDIA GeForce Now allow you to run powerful games on the weakest PCs or even phones! Now players do not even have to buy a top-end PC or game console to play the same Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra graphics settings.
Such services work through a monthly subscription model, the user pays an average of 20 euros and gets the opportunity to play games at maximum graphics settings that are launched remotely on powerful computers. The image is transmitted to the player, and he exercises control from his PC or smartphone.
But this is precisely what makes you think that the built-in power of devices no longer plays such an important role today, right? Indeed, after all, as mentioned earlier, just a powerful Internet connection is enough. The rapid development of cloud services and technologies contributes to the fact that more and more areas are implementing this model in their business: Media and Entertainment, Healthcare, IT, Business Automation, Cybersecurity and more!
IoT also uses cloud services, which in turn helps to automate business processes using high power. How else can cloud computing services be useful for business? Let's find out.
Benefits of Cloud Computing for Business
Owlab as a software development company also actively uses cloud computing services, and here's why:
- The ability to significantly reduce IT infrastructure costs and respond flexibly to changing computing needs. The user of cloud services pays only for the services actually consumed (sometimes also for the resources reserved for him).
- Access your data, services, etc. you can from anywhere (and not just from your home or office), as well as from any device (and not just your own computer or gadget). The only requirement is internet access.
- High reliability of data storage: for modern cloud service providers, the mandatory norm is at least three times the duplication of all stored user data in different places. The probability of losing them is much lower than when stored on a home PC or in an office network.
- Prompt technical support and consulting provided by the cloud service provider.
- Quick and cheap deployment. It is one thing to build your own enterprise IT infrastructure, buy, install and configure hardware and software, hire or train specialists. It is quite another thing to simply connect to an already existing and configured infrastructure.
- Scalability. Cloud computing allows you to almost instantly respond to the growth in demand for computing power and storage space. Simply switch to another tariff plan - and the problem is solved.
- When using cloud computing, consumer costs are transformed from capital to operating costs.
- The use of cloud technologies allows almost any company to easily and quickly transfer employees, for example, from office work to remote work. Which has become a big advantage in a pandemic.
That is, not only does it save you money, it also significantly increases the productivity of your business. However, there are also disadvantages. You are essentially handing over your personal data to a cloud computing company, which is not a good thing. Also, the low flexibility of such a model does not always allow you to customize cloud services to suit your needs. For example, if you are developing a startup, planning to launch your own business or modernize your existing one, you need to carefully choose a cloud computing vendor. Sometimes you even have to write your own software for specific needs. Business process automation is a complex task that requires a professional approach, and you can rely on Owlab for this.
What Awaits Us in the Future?
Most likely, cloud technologies will continue to develop, in turn developing the Internet along with it. Those technologies that today seem to us science fiction will most likely no longer surprise us in 5-10 years. You need to be ready for this and prepare your business. If you want not only to keep up with everyone, but also to be ahead, carefully follow the trends and try to predict them.
Today, cloud services have already become part of the daily lives of many people. You will not surprise anyone with a subscription to Netflix or Spotify, but very soon cloud gaming will be on a par with streaming movies and music in popularity. It will be available to everyone. If you have an interesting idea for a startup, you want to create a platform like Netflix, create a music streaming service like Spotify or be an innovator in the field of cloud gaming services - write to us and together we will create software that will change the market!