In the modern world, people have begun to value their time and convenience more. Messaging is the most popular type of communication, which is why chatbot benefits for business cannot be overestimated.
Chatbots can be used for customer service and support, sales and marketing, education, healthcare, and many other purposes. These bots are designed to interact with users via text messages or voice calls. The best platforms support the creation of visual builder chatbots as well as integration with popular messaging platforms like Messenger or WhatsApp. Some also offer advanced artificial intelligence (AI) capabilities such as machine learning algorithms that give you access to real-time data analysis or natural language processing (NLP) technology that allows your bot to understand human speech patterns as well as respond appropriately.
Chatbot development from scratch is not an easy task, as you will need strong programming knowledge to create a professional software. There are constructors like ChatBot Visual Builder that allow you to create a bot without code, but often you may not have enough functionality that is included in the constructor. In addition, your own bot is a fairly profitable investment in your business. Well, let's delve into the topic in more detail and find out what are the benefits of creating a chatbot.
Types of Chatbots
Chatbots are not mutually exclusive. In fact, chatbot types can be classified in a number of ways: by purpose, autonomy and content.
A chatbot’s purpose is what it does when you interact with it. For example, a purchase-related bot may give you information about your last purchase or offer suggestions for products you might like to buy next time. A customer service bot may answer questions about how much something costs or where the nearest store is located.
Bots can also be categorized by their content - whether they contain text, images or audio/video files - but this isn't typically done because most bots (including those in this guide) have some form of visual interface that lets users view information even if there is no text displayed on screen at all times (e.g., shopping bots).
There is also an intelligent created machine learning chatbot, which is able to maintain “live” communication with the user and solve narrower and more specialized tasks. Conventionally, there are 3 types of chatbots:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Intellectually Independent
Integration with Popular Messaging Platforms
Once you have a working chatbot, it is time to integrate it with other services. There are many ways to do this:
- Integration with popular messaging platforms such as Messenger, Skype or WhatsApp.
- Integration with other services like Slack or Salesforce.
- Integration with other chatbots (for example, if your bot can answer FAQs then you can also connect it to another service that offers FAQ bots).
- Integration with other apps on the same device (for example, if your bot is integrated into messenger then you can also integrate it into another messaging app).
Integration takes place via APIs and SDKs - these are essentially sets of code that allow developers to access different parts of a service's functionality through an application programming interface (API) or software development kit (SDK).
Owlab Group differs from other chatbot solution companies in its approach, because we create a product that, if necessary, can be integrated into almost any ecosystem without making huge efforts.
Adding Custom Functionality
The best chatbot development platforms have advanced features that are important to building robust, intelligent chatbots. These include:
- A visual builder. The ability to create a chatbot without writing code is a huge benefit for non-developers and companies that want their users to be able to get started with a minimum of effort. It also means you have more options in terms of the type of bot you can build (for example, whether it has multiple users).
- Integration with popular messaging platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Slack. When it comes time to deploy your bot, integration will save you from having to write additional code or integrate through APIs directly into these channels—a big time saver for larger organizations or those who want their bots out there quickly!
- The ability to use your own custom images and audio files. This is especially important if you want to personalize your chatbot with company logos, employee photos or other branding assets.
Custom functionality is a feature that is not included in the base package. This can be added in a variety of ways, but it’s usually an additional feature that you pay extra for. It’s important to consider how much custom functionality you need before choosing a platform, especially if you are considering buying an off-the-shelf solution.
That is why we call creating your own chatbot an investment in business. By paying only once, you can create a product that completely covers all your needs and allows you to implement all the functionality that your business needs so much.
Hidden Chatbot Benefits for Business
If you are wondering “How to create a chatbot?” then most likely you already know about its benefits for business. However, in addition to all the already known benefits of creating a chatbot, there is one non-obvious advantage. You are probably familiar with such a concept as “customer focus”, but what does it mean?
High-quality service allows you to establish the closest contact with your client and gives him the opportunity to feel his importance. Quick responses that focus on the needs of your customers create a special connection and greatly increase the chances of a potential lead becoming a repeat customer.
Investments spent on quality service can work much better than advertising, because building long-term relationships with customers can significantly increase the profits of your business. But what does the development of chatbots have to do with it? And the thing is that chatbots allow you to keep in touch with customers 24/7, analyze their behavior and offer them products that they really need. The statistics are really amazing and you can learn more about the benefits of chatbot development on our service page.
Each case is unique, so you must choose which option suits you best:
- Chatbot development from scratch is more expensive than purchasing a ready-made solution or a subscription to a service, but it is a great investment that plays for the long haul.
- The purchase of a ready-made solution is suitable for those entrepreneurs who do not need a complex chatbot and can get by with limited functionality.
- If you are aiming for an individual approach - AI chatbot development can solve this problem. Thanks to machine learning, these bots are able to find a special approach to your customers.
In any case, you can always contact us for a free consultation and we will help you choose a solution that is ideal for your business!